Viewings and offers on your property
How to stage a rental property for a showing
The most important element of a viewing is to prepare your property thoroughly.
Here are a few tips to assist you:
- Make sure the front of the house is well maintained.
- Presentation is everything, so before each viewing, check the property is clean, tidy, well aired and well lit.
- Serious potential tenants will want to see every room and may want to look in built-in cupboards, such as under the stairs, to see what storage space is available. It's advisable to make sure they are all neat and tidy.
- If the weather is cold, it is advisable to put the heating on prior to any viewings so the property is warm and comfortable.
- Does the lettings agent have everything they need for the viewing, including access information and instructions for heating etc?
Need more advice on conducting viewings or what you should do in advance? speak to one of the team at haart and we can help.
A tenant wishing to make an offer needs to do this through the letting agency you have chosen to let your property. They can do this verbally (over the phone or in person) or in writing (via email). Any conditions around this offer must also be communicated to the letting agents.
You are not obligated to accept a particular offer – you can choose which potential tenant(s) suit you best. Discuss your options and any concerns with the letting agent. They are there to help and guide you.
Questions for us about letting your property? contact us.