How to sell your home: a complete guide
What research should I do before I sell my property?
Before you decide to sell your property, it is worth doing a bit of research yourself before contacting agents. Ask yourself some questions:
- What are similar properties in the area selling for? Use this a guide figure to help you. A more precise valuation can come later.
- Is now a good time to sell? Check property market guides and reputable news sources to help you. The HomeOwners Alliance has up to date Media & Reports including a House Price Watch.
- Do you have a rough idea of what your property is worth? Use haart’s online valuation tool for an estimate or book a valuation One of our local experts will contact you.
When’s the best time to sell your house? Read haart’s guide.
What tools can I use to help me value my property?
There are plenty of tools out there to help you with your research, but haart have made finding out what other properties in the area have sold for easy. Try our popular demand calculator and online valuation form:
- haart’s demand calculator—this lets you find out how many active buyers are looking for a property just like yours and how many of them are looking in your area.
- haart’s online valuation—our complementary online valuation tool gives you an immediate assessment of the current estimated value of your property. Provide some basic information and we can give you our expert view of what your home could be worth today.
To use our online property search, simply:
- Go to our property search
- Enter your postcode
- Select a good radius to view properties
- Select your property type and number of bedrooms
- Select the tick box ‘Include properties sold STC
- Click search
Select map view on the properties returned from your search. You can select to view sold prices for that area too. Some of the information available to you might be surprising! You can choose between options to see:
- Properties sold by other agents
- Properties sold by haart
It can be helpful to see properties for sale by haart and other agents. It will give you well-rounded information on property prices in your area.
How do I get the most up to date valuation?
At haart, we’re on a mission to get you moved. We listen to our customers to find out what they need from us, whether that’s a quick sale, accompanied viewings, or advice in finding a new property. We are here to guide you every step of the way.
All our branches have staff with excellent knowledge of the local area in which they operate. They will provide you with the best advice on selling your property there. Our branch pages also have Property Market News insights on the local property market such as new listings and average sales prices, so feel free to take a look at all the information on there as well before valuing your home.