Choosing an agent can be a bit overwhelming. Especially if they are all promising the same things! Here are a few tips that may help:
- Are they going to get the right price for you?
- Are they professional in their approach?
- Do they have any testimonials on their website so that you can see what other customers think of them?
- How well known are they in your area?
- Will they be promoting your property on their website and major portals such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com?
- Ask the agent about the applicants already registered with them – are their applicants that may suit your property? How quickly will the agent get in touch with them to notify them that your property will be on the market?
- Do their opening hours suit you? It is no good instructing an agent who is only open when you are at work.
- How will they market your property? Social media, email campaigns, newspaper advertising? Which of the agents will get the best exposure of your property?
- Have a look at some examples of the properties they are marketing on their website – do the pictures of the properties look professional? Do you like the way the property descriptions are written?
- Will they organise the government required Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on your behalf? This needs to be arranged before your property can be marketed.
Why choose haart
haart will provide a free, up to date valuation which will be carried out by a member of our team of fully-trained professionals. During this valuation, we will show you the marketing we can provide and our expert local knowledge of the property market in your area.
haart prides itself in being transparent with our customers. For example, you can look at the haart website to see how many properties haart is selling in your area compared to other agents. We listen to the requirements of customers and provide solutions to help them sell their property in the best way for them – whether this is organising open house events, accompanied viewings or set times for viewings.
Our award winning offline and online marketing techniques include advertising on portals such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com, social media, email campaigns, property alerts through email or SMS, newspaper and magazine advertising, dedicated PR and community-based events. We also offer a Primer Mover Package. Thanks to our new technology, we can take photos of your property and write your property particulars for you quickly which is especially useful if you require a quick sale.
The most important factor about selling your home with haart is that we listen to you. We might know the housing market inside out, but you know your home better than anyone. So when you instruct us, we’ll ask you what makes it special, what work you've had done, and why it’s fun, unusual or just nice to live in. By learning all about your home, we are able to find the right buyer for it – and get you the best possible price. An estate agent that doesn't ask you the right questions will skip valuable details when they are showing your home off to people.
haart are available 8am – 10pm, seven days a week – making it easy to contact us when you need to.
Once you have chosen agent, it is sensible to research and chose a solicitor. Take a look at our quick choosing a property solicitor.