Skip to the content

Renting - Tenant Insurance

Getting contents insurance is vital to protect your possessions should they get damaged.  Even if you think your items are fairly easily to replace, it can be surprising how expensive this can be – especially when a few or large number of items get damaged or if the item is of particular value. 

Hundreds of thousands of tenants across the UK choose HomeLet to provide them with the protect they need.  Listed below are all the things you need to know about HomeLet.  However you can also download this guide haart Tenant’s Content Insurance and Tenancy Liability.

A HomeLet policy is designed for you

If you’re looking to cover your liability as a tenant, under your tenancy agreement, or if you’d like to cover your contents in case they’re accidentally damaged then HomeLet may be able to help.

With Tenant’s Contents Insurance+ you can cover both your contents and your liability as a tenant. However if you’re simply looking to cover just your liability as a tenant, Tenancy Liability Cover will do just that.

You can rest assured you’re in safe hands

HomeLet are a market leading provider of referencing and insurance solutions to the lettings industry. They are also chosen to cover thousands of tenants across the UK, and protect over £550 millions’ worth of their possessions - so what are you waiting for?

Do you need to cover your liability as a tenant?

If you’ve recently signed a tenancy agreement you might have been asked by your letting agent to cover your liability as a tenant. Covering your liability as a tenant basically means that you’re responsible for having the necessary funds to cover yourself in case you accidentally damage your landlord’s property, furniture, fittings or fixtures, which you will be responsible for under your tenancy agreement. Whilst no-one can insist you insure your own possessions, you can be asked to cover your liability as a tenant, and this is where HomeLet may be able to help with Tenancy Liability Cover.

Choose HomeLet

Thousands of tenants living in rented homes across the UK choose HomeLet to provide them with the protection they need.

For more information, or to get a quote for tenant’s insurance why not contact us today!

Contact HomeLet

Call today for a quote: 0800 177 6000

They are open: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 8pm Saturday 9.30am -1pm


Or post your application to:

FREEPOST: RTBY-CCZA-BSZT, HomeLet Hestia House, Unit 2 Edgewest Road, Lincoln, LN6 7EL

Follow @Lovetenants on Twitter or on Facebook

The small print:

Spicerhaart Residential Lettings Limited t/a haart is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Barbon Insurance Group Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. HomeLet is a trading name of Barbon Insurance Group Limited.

Barbon Insurance Group Limited is registered in England number 3135797. Registered office address: Hestia House, Edgewest Road, Lincoln LN6 7EL. Spicerhaart Residential Lettings Limited is registered in England No.05304360. Registered office: Colwyn House, Sheepen Place, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3LD.

Next steps: Tips for first time tenants

Take a look at our guide to being a first time tenant