Our approach to hiring
We have many different ways of hiring for our positions and as we said previously your career is our goal, so we aim to fill our positions internally through developing you, however if this is not the case you could:
- apply for a role that you have seen advertised through our dedicated careers portal or just drop in your CV on line, in the branch or Head Office
- have experience of managing people and not of the industry, we have a FAST TRACK program which will provide you with the training to do you role.
- have no experience and would like to see if the role is for you, we have an Academy program
All of recruitment programs follow a similar recruitment process which outlined below:
INITIAL APPLICATION & CV SCREEN
Completing the first stage
- Allow plenty of time to complete the application process.
- Ensure you’ve read the job description thoroughly.
Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received and a set of eligibility questions to answer. Once you have responded to these questions, you will receive an online personality profile to complete part of your initial application. There are 24 multiple choice questions that help us to assess your suitability for the role. It should take about 5 minutes to complete. The Personality Profile (PPA) focuses on how you like to operate in a work environment and what sort of a team you work best in. The PPA assessment enables us to see how you would behave and potentially fit in with your team – there are no right or wrong answers.
Your application will be screened / assessed and, if successful, you will receive a telephone interview.
The telephone interview - what to expect:
Make sure you have your best telephone voice on. It is important that you speak clearly, in a friendly manner whilst being every bit the professional. Try to avoid slang, jargon and colloquilisims. The telephone will become your best friend in whatever role you take within the company. Your role will mean you will need to build rapport, so don’t be shy, we promise we will want to know more about you.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged
- Make sure you are in a quiet environment, with no distractions and good reception
- Relax and do your best.
At this stage we will ask you to answer a series of questions to ensure you are eligible to apply and then ask you to complete some brief online assessments.
The assessments - what are they?
As part of the recruitment process, we will send each eligible applicant two short tests by email: literacy and numeracy, both of which can be completed on a desktop or laptop PC. These assessments vary from 6-8 minutes each.
The numeracy test assesses your ability to use numbers and your understanding of them. The literacy test assesses your comprehension and understanding of words and phrases in different contexts. Both tests are timed and you will be informed of the result straight away – there is a 70% pass mark on each test and you are welcome to use a calculator if you wish.
You will then be advised if we wish to progress your application. If you are successful, we will invite you to attend a face-to-face interview.
The face-to-face interview 1
Make sure have done your research on our company. You will also need to bring your passport for proof of ID, your driving license and proof of your national insurance number.
We want to find out more about you so have a think about your future goals and ambitions. We will ask you to give us a brief overview of your career history and in turn will ask you a series of either probing or competency-based questions.
The interview should last about 45mins.
Here are some examples of the types of questions you can expect to be asked:
- What is it about haart that has attracted you to apply?
- Tell me about a time you have gone the extra mile and delivered exceptional customer service?
- What are your ambitions and goals?
- What results are you most proud of achieving and why?
- If you were to describe yourself in five words what would they be?
- What three things make people successful and how do you relate these to yourself?
- What motivates and demotivates you?
The interview is your opportunity to really sell yourself, so make the most of it! If you are successful, you will be invited to a trial session and an interview with a Senior Manager.
Our trial sessions are designed to allow you to see and feel if you would like to work in a branch and also for us to assess your skill set in relation to the job. You will asked to undertake some written work as well as demonstrate your customer service skills and telephone manner. During that time you will meet with a Senior Manager who will ask you a set of further questions in relation to your behaviours rather than your competency.
Such questions might be:
- Can you give me an example of when you have worked as part of a team to achieve a goal?
- Describe the most recent set of goals/targets you have set yourself?
- Tell me about a time when you have received excellent customer service?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer?
- What are your personal values?
- Tell me what you understand by the term “acting with integrity”?
A trial session and interview with the Senior Manager should last up to 3 hours. This is your opportunity to ask as many questions as you like. As this is the last stage of the process, we will then tell you if we would like to offer you a job. You should not need to wait more than 24 hours to know this.
When applying for a job
In order for us to comply with the Estate Agency Act 1979 and other Financial Services regulations, we will ask you if you have any previous unspent convictions, if you have any points on your licence, about your credit status and if you have the right to work in the UK.. These questions will form part of the eligibility process right at the beginning of the application. If you answer yes to the questions, you will need to provide evidence at the face-to-face interview supporting your application e.g passport, national insurance number, visa or credit check.
Good luck and we hope you succeed.