A range of Help to Buy home ownership schemes are available in England. But what does it all mean?
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Help to Buy loan, you must:
- Be able to demonstrate access to savings or funds to pay a deposit of at least 5% of the purchase price, plus legal fees, stamp duty and costs of moving.
- Be purchasing a property worth £600,000 or less.
- Have a good credit history.
- Take out a mortgage with a qualified lender (e.g. a bank or building society).
- You must not own any other property at the time you buy your home supported by the Help-to-Buy.
Take a look at our frequently asked questions for more information.
Use our Help to Buy calculator to find out how much you can borrow!