haart is offering tenants the opportunity to live rent free at the beginning of their tenancy in an effort to save some extra money over the often-expensive festive period.
The ‘No Rent Event’ is a special offer that takes place over Christmas and New Year; tenants involved in the initiative will be offered a wide range of properties to choose from, and as always if you’re unsure about which property is right for you, you can speak to your local property experts who can guide you in the right direction.
For more information on this offer, check our FAQ’s below with Operations Director Paul Sloan.
1. When does the rent free period start?
It begins at the start of the tenancy
2. How long is the rent free period? A week, a month?
That depends on what the landlord is offering. It’s normally 2 weeks but can be more or less than this.
3. Is this available for long-term lets and short-term lets?
Yes, however it’s only available if the landlord agrees to it.
4. From when will I need to start paying rent?
You will start paying rent in full as soon as the rent free period is over.
5. Do I still have to pay a deposit and tenant Fees?
Yes, your deposit and tenant fees will be unaffected by this offer.
6. How long does the process take (including references)
It can be done within 24 hours – if necessary – but a week is a more normal timeframe.
7. Is it available on all properties?
No, unfortunately not. We have to get our landlord’s agreement to offer the ‘no rent’ period.
8. Does this end up costing me more in the longer term?
Not at all, this is a ‘no strings attached’ offer for eligible properties that you are interested in.
To find out more, contact your local haart branch. Branches are available by telephone from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.