haart’s Lettings division is giving landlords an opportunity to help rent their properties over the Christmas and New Year period, in an effort to help avoid a potentially expensive unlet or ‘void’ period.
The ‘No Rent Event’ is a once a year event designed to create maximum impact by offering hundreds of properties with a rent free period to prospective tenants.
For further clarity on this initiative, see our Q&A below with Operations Director Paul Sloan.
1. What is the No Rent Event?
The No Rent Event is a campaign designed to attract interest from tenants. At certain times of year it’s very important to make property available for rent stand out from the crowd.
2. When is the No Rent Event taking place?
The event takes place in December.
3. How is it decided when the ‘rent free’ period will be, do I get a say?
We choose a time that we think will stimulate interest. This will be when we feel that tenants need an added incentive. You have complete control over the time your property is marketed in this way and obviously, any offers have to be acceptable to you.
4. How long does the ‘rent free’ period last?
Typically 2 weeks but it can be more or less if you wish.
5. Does it affect my rental income?
Only when offering the rent free period. After that, you will receive rent as normal.
6. How will it be promoted?
This campaign will be advertised heavily; both online and offline, and our branch teams will be working hard to reach as many potential tenants as they can to promote it.
7. How will you reach my target tenant?
Your property will be advertised with the agreed rent free period and properties with this benefit will be heavily promoted in our branches.
8. How do I get one of my properties involved in the event?
Just speak to your local branch team. They will be happy to help.
9. Is there a limit on how many of my properties I can promote in the event?
No, you can promote as many properties as you like this way.
10. Do you promote existing properties in the event or just new ones?
Any property that is available to rent
11. What happens if my property still hasn’t found a tenant by the end of the event?
You will receive marketing advice from your branch team and can choose to continue with this benefit to tenants to make your property more attractive if you wish.
12. How/How often will I be kept up to date on the progress of my property during the event?
You will get regular marketing advice and feedback on viewings throughout the event
12. How can I find out more about the No Rent Event?
Simply ask your local branch team to talk to you about the event. They will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
If you’re a landlord who wants to find out more information about this event, get in touch with your local branch. Branches are available by telephone from 8am to 10pm seven days per week.